I have been feeling super crafty lately. I LOVE making things, but in the past my schedule has been so jam-packed that I haven’t had a lot of extra time to sit down and work on projects. Recently I have found myself with a good deal of free time, and I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying having time to work on all sorts of fun projects!
The only thing better than working on fun DIY projects is working on a project that is SUPER easy to make and doesn’t require a ton of time or effort on my behalf. That’s why I was so excited when I discovered these adorable little chalkboard flower pots from Michaels.
I created them as table numbers, but they can be used as favors or other forms of wedding decor as well. The possibilities are endless! All of the supplies you need can be found at your local Michaels craft store.
Here are the supplies you will need:
- BRIDES® Chalkboard Flower Pots
- BRIDES® Chalk Marker
- BRIDES® Embellishments (I used paper flowers, but there are several to choose from!)
- Styrofoam® or Florist Foam
- Wooden Dowels
- Paint (Optional — if you want to paint the dowels)
Here are the step-by-step instructions so that you can achieve this same look!
1. The first thing I did was cut the florist foam in to small pieces, and placed one piece in each of the flower pots.
2. I wanted to add a little color, so I decided to use some light purple Martha Stewart Crafts™ satin paint to paint my wooden dowels.
3. Once the paint was dry, I attached a flower embellishment to each of the dowels (these came with sticky backs which made it super easy, but you may need adhesive depending on the embellishments you use).
4. Next, I stuck the dowels in to the florist foam at varying heights.
5. To top if off, I covered the foam with moss.
6. Lastly, write the table number, message, initials, or whatever you’d like on the pot using the chalkboard marker, and voila!
Aren’t these super cute? Other than the time it took for the paint to dry, these took me about 20 minutes to complete.
Guess what? Bow Ties & Bliss readers get 20% off your entire regular price wedding purchase! Click here to receive your exclusive discount coupon. This offer will end on June 30th, 2012.
Happy crafting, friends!
You might also like...