Good morning, friends!
How was your Easter? Mine was quite lovely! A pretty laid back day, which mostly consisted of yummy deviled eggs (wouldn’t be Easter without ’em), croquet, a BBQ lunch, basketball, and lots of relaxing and hanging with the fam. And afterwards, I went on a spontaneous adventure with Andrew’s brother and his fiance to take their engagement photos! It was a blast and the weather was so perfect.
So today I wanted to share with you a super fun and simple DIY project that I did this weekend. I was inspired by these lovely lace embroidery hoops, and wanted to create another fun wedding decor detail with lace. These are wonderful because they also make beautiful home decor! For weddings you can hang them up as a ceremony backdrop, use them for table numbers, display them at the dessert table, and so on. The possibilities are endless!
Like I said these are super easy to make. These are the materials you’ll need:
– Frames (I bought cheap frames from Ben Franklin Crafts, but any frames in any color will do!)
– Hot glue gun
– A couple of yards of lace (I bought the cheapest lace I could find from JoAnn Fabrics for $9.99/yard, but they have prettier ones for $14.99+/yard)
Here’s what I did:
1. Remove the glass, cardboard, and backing from the frames, so all that’s left is the wooden frame.
2. Place the frame over the lace and cut around the edges. You will have to cut it down a bit more, but this will give you a good starting point.
3. Use the hot glue gun to glue along the inside edge of one side of the frame, and attach the lace.
4. Repeat step #3 for each side of the frame, making sure to pull the lace taught for each side.
5. Optional: attach lace and/or ribbon to the frame in order to hang them up. Voila!
I think these would look so cute as table numbers! You could attach buttons in the shape of each number. Love!
I am so excited to use these as decor in my home, and hopefully for a wedding or two this summer as well! Hope you like this idea as much as I do. :)
Have a lovely day!!You might also like...