Yesterday I made my first yarn-wrapped wreath, following this tutorial. I have been wanting to make one forever and finally found the time. It’s not 100% finished (still need to attach the felt flowers), but I’m really happy with how it turned out. I love yarn and have been wondering what else I can wrap with yarn in my home! This got me thinking about all the fun ways yarn can be used in weddings… so I did a little research. And wow! I feel like I hit a gold mine. There are so many fun ways to incorporate this simple and affordable element into your big day. Plus yarn comes in pretty much any shade imaginable, so it won’t be hard to find your wedding colors. Check out all of these ideas and get inspired! Even if yarn isn’t for you, you might glean something else from the DIY projects. Enjoy. :)
3. A little yarn can really jazz up simple favor boxes! Found on Martha Stewart Weddings.
4. For a simple and sweet monogram, cover wooden letters with yarn in your wedding colors. They also make great home decor! Found on Knack Studios.
5. I’m in love with these DIY yarn ball centerpieces (they also work as chandeliers!)–so chic and modern. Found on Joyful Weddings and Events.
6. This colorful yarn backdrop is another detail from that same bridal shower I mentioned above, from SMP. Check it out for more fun yarn ideas!
7. Jean and David incorporated yarn details into their big day, including these yarn-wrapped mason jars. See more photos on Once Wed.
8. Yarn can even be used on the getaway car! These yarn poms are the perfect addition, found on the Knot.
9. Can’t forget the classic ring shot… in a ball of yarn! Image via Once Wed.
10. Lots of fun yarn details can be found in this yarn-inspired engagement shoot.
11. How adorable are those name cards tucked in balls of yarn? Check out the lovely vintage styled shoot for more fun details, put together by Megan of Forget Me Knot Weddings, and found on Green Wedding Shoes.
12. This modern styled shoot on Style Me Pretty is filled with unique yarn details and decor.
13. Love the look of these yarn covered chargers. See the easy DIY tutorial on Carter & Cook Event Co.
14. Ruffled offers a simple tutorial for adorable little yarn ball boutonnieres. How sweet!
15. Yarn can be a lovely detail in engagement shoots as well. See the adorable “A Stitch in Time” love shoot on Once Wed.
Have a wonderful Tuesday, friends!
You might also like...